Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 27, 2008, 10:46 AM   #1

Hello all,
As you can tell I just joined this forum. I've been reading all over this forum about the Aiptek stuff and finally went and bought an Aiptek Action HD the other day. I love it! It's kinda quirky with a few things, but hey that's what you get when you pay $200 for a camcorder.

First off, I wanted to say thanks to everyone who wrote about the Aiptek really helped me decide what I wanted (Jazz vs A-HD+ vs Action HD).

Secondly, I'm slightly bummed by the time on the battery as I seem to get around 45-60 min on one charge (at 720p60). So, I've been looking at these: http://cgi.ebay.com/2-NP-60-1400mAh-...QQcmdZViewItem
And was wondering if

a) Is this the same battery that is in the Aiptek? (minus the fact that it is 400 mAh greater than the one that comes with it)
b) Has anyone used these batteries do they fit it without the need of the special battery door? I can't drag myself to pay $30 for the 1800 mAh on the Aiptek site.

Thanks in advanced!
postmastagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 27, 2008, 12:11 PM   #2

Hi and Welcome to the forum!
The battery you ve indicated should be ok with the Aiptek. NP-60 is a standard, and all batteries of this model should have the same dimensions.
The 1800mAh battery of Aiptek needs a special battery cover, because that s a bigger battery.
I bought a 1200mAh battery and for the moment it s ok.
I used it only one time, so the battery still needs some cycles to get in shape, but the recording time was 1h and 5 minutes , keeping the camera steady and recording an almost steady scene.
sr71 is offline   Reply With Quote