Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 1, 2008, 2:21 PM   #1

I have an aiptek camera and I am trying to convert from ASF to MPG or anything else really. I tried using Windows Media Encoder with someone else's settings. It worked, but the video came out pretty poor quality with a lot of motion blur. Do I need to put in different settings? Here is what AVIcodec reported on my ASF file:

File : 13.94 MB (13.94 M, duration: 0:00:41, type: ASF, 1 audio stream(s), quality: 80 %, ,
Video : 13.51 MB, 2764 Kbps, 86.439 fps, 640*480 (4:3), XVID = mpeg4z, Supported
Audio : 221 KB, 44 Kbps, 11025 Hz, 1 channels, 0x2 = adpcm_ms, , , Supported

What Audio/Video Codec should I be choosing Windows Media Encoder? FPS? etc

strangername is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 1, 2008, 6:11 PM   #2

Actually Windows Media encoder only encodes in Windows media format though this is a variant of mpeg4. To convert to other formats you need something like Super from http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

What settings you use depend on where you want to use the output. I have used many different settings to good effect. The built in profiles for downloading to a PC should work fine in Windows Media Encoder.

What settings were you using to encode the video?
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote