Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

View Poll Results: Was this information helpful?
Yes 6 85.71%
No 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 11, 2010, 9:12 AM   #31

Originally Posted by barbafarfa View Post
Now to my question.. Is it possible to "hack" the camera in some way so it's possible to adjust the focus of the camera without any extra lenses?
The camera really doesn't have a manual Focus to it but does seem like the distance between the lens and the camera's lens is off. You may want to try spacing the fisheye lens away to see if there is a better focus and use something to make up for the space difference (some of these addon lens come with washers or "spacers" for this reason)
the Camera lens is pretty much hidden in the case and would require some disassembly and trial and error adjustment to get it to work just right...

I'm working with the same issue now as I am trying to adjust a new C mount lens and it needs to be closer to the imager... Not for the faint of heart.

I am working on a list of the hacks I have made on a few of these cameras for posting - this is an interesting project...
DJN is offline   Reply With Quote