Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Closed Thread
Old Oct 2, 2008, 12:50 PM   #1

Hello everyone.

I ordered a couple of magnetic lenses to do a review on them. In this testing I will be usinga2x telephoto anda.45 wide angle lens from the manufacturer FotodioX.

Also, a 2x telephoto lens from Impact.

(All tests will be done using my Aiptek Action HD.)

First the contents of each lens package.

Both manufacturers include front and back lens caps ,protective bags and 2 metal adhesive rings only Impact include a saftey tie that connects to the lens and camera incase of accidentally knocking the lens off. "the tie fit the FtodioX lenses also." If you use the lenses I would advise to use the saftey tie.

Here is the review video link:

I had to use youtube. for some reason vimeoerrored out 3 times while uploading.:O

Well, I tried to cover everything I could in the video review and I hope it answers any questions you might have.

Here's my thoughts:

I liked both 2x telephoto lenses and have been using the alot. But, the wide-angle is another story. It takes absolutely to much messing around to try to get a barelyhalf decent picture." thatincludes fixing in software." I found the video quality even after editing was so poor. "atleast for my tastes " That Idecided not touse that lens.

But, to be fair. If I come across another wide-angle lens I will test it to see if I get the same results.

Best of all the price. For $40 I got 2 lenses work really good and plus a paper weight. "sorry, wide-angle"

Well, I hope you enjoyed this review.

Best regards.

Sponsored Links
Old Oct 8, 2008, 3:21 PM   #2

Great review! Very well done.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 4:42 PM   #3

I am a bit confused. In the video test you mentioned that the FotodioX was better at the polarized test, but in your finish remark you said the Impact was better.

Personally I really want to see a wide angle lens that will work though:sad: Since the field of view is one thing that my Action HD is lacking... From the video it seems like the camera is having problem getting a good focus and is continuously hunting.

Great review, I'll have to order one of them.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 3:35 AM   #4

Thanks, Adalfa and Boxerfreak

BoxerFreak, The fotodiox did better in bright light and haze .But, the Impact did better with reflections (like in water)and lower light.

As for the focus. When I did the polariztion test I had the camera zoom at 50% to get the widest view to see any differences and that is what was making the the auto zoom to act up. To use the 2X telephoto lense youneed to have the zoom on the camera at 100%. When you do that the auto zoom works normally.

Also, if I was buying one of the lenses I would suggest the Impact first. Since my testing I have found myself using it the most and the Impact also supplies a safetytie which really important incase you knock the lens off.

i hope that clears it up for you
Old Oct 10, 2008, 4:30 AM   #5

I have read, and watched the review and it is a priceless one a few pics be helpful for others thank you

again 5 stars:|
Old Oct 10, 2008, 5:03 AM   #6

Now if I could only get vimeo to upload the hot air ballon crash I caught when using the lens.hate to downgrade it to fit on youtube.
Closed Thread