Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 24, 2008, 3:20 PM   #1

I've been lustily drooling after the Sanyo CG65 for a while, but for one or another reason I never manage to set aside enough money for that (about €170).

Now I've found a cheaper option, the Aiptek AHD 200. It seems to have most of the features of the CG65 with the addition of HD video (which I'm not very interested in), but only costs around €115. This is tempting, but I'm a bit worried about video quality. I know Aiptek as the kings of the toy-cam market, and I'm not sure what I can expect out of the AHD200.

What would you get, and why?

If you know anything about the AHD200's video quality, I'd be happy to know your opinion

A related question: how do you feel about remanufactured products? I've found a remanufactured AHD200 for only €70...

Violet sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 24, 2008, 3:42 PM   #2

the A hd200 is the A-Hd in the USA it is a 720p resolution of 1280x720 and in the US only a av input of 740x480, this one does not have a higherspeed sports frame rate like ours 60 fps, the NTSC/pal or 25 fps is there.

video clips more then you can imagine is up

I'll stop with this one and the co. chrysler said closing thedoors........

thevideo demo's the colors and sound

dvd saving is most important to have the highest setting 720 not 540P or 740x480 on these toy cmas as you call it.

the reason will be block, pixalation. Aiptek claimes near -VHS or Q-VHS quality. and then again Near dvd, and this time they never said near Hd quaility, they just jumped directly into HD.

Ifyou wantto use thelower settings or othercams and not want Quicktime I understand I am also a Windows user Avi format I love but today QT is the way they went.

remember this isa PC camcorder , wih q mac quicktime file format with theFirmware left out for the mac LOL

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote