Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 25, 2008, 1:55 AM   #1

I noticed an Aiptek camera in the movie "Bangkok Dangerous" (2008, Nicholas Cage). Altough it has a "YES" logo (or an Y symbol and ES for electronic stabilization maybe?), there is no mistake this is one of the HD models from Aiptek.

subc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 25, 2008, 6:30 AM   #2

Great Catch.

1 its not a Action HD model reason 1 no led light, and the cosmetic face plate is gunpowder grey.

2 its not the action Hd Model reason the screen does not say Zoom Lens HD DV it says portable media player, and the blue led is not there. nore the controls are seend

3. so rather post all its others the MPVR+, PVR, and this is the DV5800 below you can see its a near match.

NON-HD model 640x480 res .

Ranger is one company of the name and I am sure YEs was another. or they could not get full permission for using the companies name so they branded their own, LOL

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2008, 4:42 PM   #3

This reminds of the movie executive decision where the terrorist used a Psion Series 3 PDA to detonate a bomb! I used to have (actually still have in a cupboard) one of these! I could just imagine taking it with me through airport security now :?
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2008, 7:47 PM   #4

I saw that film a couple months back an mused that they had the YES camera in it (obviously OEM'd by Aiptek) and on the digital big screen in the theater it was easy to see it was an SD model. The DVD and Blu-Ray comes out in January. It would have been nice if the original could have been re-released on DVD in 16:9 rather than pan & scan 4:3. Cheapskates at FirstLook just decided to use the VHS master to make the DVD when they released it in early August to coincide with the remake. The film was beautifully composed for widescreen and sucks P&S. The cable network presentations (Showtime) were also P&S.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote