Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 2, 2009, 11:46 PM   #1

I can't decide which full HD camera I want.:?

I have a Sanyo Xacti CG6 that I've been mostly happy with, but want to upgrade to a full HD.

I'm not looking for a professional camera, I like the small form factor of the Xacti style cameras.

I'd like it to take both good stills and movies (indoors and out)and have a decent low light capability (obviouslyI don't expect top quality low light in a camera like this), decent sound quality (again I don't expect top quality), good macro ability is also aplus as is the ability to take large cap memory cards.

One other requirement is a decentoptical zoom, no digitial zoom only cams please.

Make your recommendations with a reason behind them, don't just post a name.

Rotorflyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 4, 2009, 5:08 PM   #2

I think you should continue with the Sanyo brand. A HD1000 or better yet, a HD1010 definantly meet your requirements. I don't own any of these, but have tried messing around with a Sanyo HD1000. Try the Sanyo forum section for impressions and reviews. You should also check out the new Sanyo hybrids for 2009, which are soon to be released.

If you don't want to spend much money, then you could try a low cost hybrid camera, such as the Aiptek Action HD GVS/Z700. But IMO this camera doesn't meet your low light requirements. Well, check out Fishy's(and others) many different test clips and decide, if this camera is good enough. Of course ther are many other low cost hybrids, but most doesn't do well(or even decent) in low light IMHO(Well it does depend on how "low light" the environment is.)

adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2009, 5:13 PM   #3

The CG6 works much better at low light than the HD1000 and HD1010. It is like and chalk and cheese. Be careful if you value your low light performance.

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote