Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 24, 2009, 5:52 PM   #1

Hello fellow budget HD camcorder fans, I'm sure no matter what camcorder you have, I'm sure for the most part your camcorder serves it's purpose, high quality video at low costs. For now I am definitely happy with my Aiptek GVS. However I recently discovered that you can download raw HD files from vimeo. In my other posts I've mentioned that I have a Western Digital media player which lets you play an assortment of media files including HD ones. I downloaded some files from different models of Sony, Canon, Sanyo, Panasonic and wow, the quality blew me away. Especially the Canon 5D Mark II, not really a camcorder, but a camera that takes 1080P video as well, although price tag way out of range. I thought my GVS was great already but wow. Seeing that higher end HD camcorders are dropping in price, down to a little over double Aipteks prices, rather than more than triple, I just might have to graduate one of these days. But for now I guess can't complain too much, bit someday I'll bite the bullet. 1 in particular I'm looking at is this one: http://www.buy.com/prod/sanyo-dual-c...210790649.html
HDfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 26, 2009, 2:22 PM   #2

I wonder how well that the auto-focus will perform?

I chose the GVS because it seemed to have the best perfoming focus,when zooming,of all the hybrids .
MFlanders is offline   Reply With Quote