Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 1, 2009, 2:38 PM   #1

So, I'm running behind the firmware for my Aiptek GVS and it hits me that it wouldn't be a bad idea to also check on firmware updates for my Agfaphoto dv-5000hd. I have no idea how to even check this and want to know if anyone here is familiar with getting Firmware from Plawa. Website shows that firmware appears to be restricted to their digital cameras. Camcorders get a backseat on the firmware deal. Maybe they're just holding back? At any rate, I sent them an email but wanted to know if anyone here knows anything about it or has had luck.

It's crazy because for 100 dollars, I don't have a single beef with the video. Not a single. I'd simply need something to drop the mic gain down by about -3db. Know that sounds like a lot but the mic on this thing will clip the sound in a heartbeat(poor frequency response maybe?). lol All things considered, it wouldn't improve the audio dearly but it would take care of clipping based on my analysis. And I've put the camcorder in some seriously rough situations sound wise.

eyeonwashparish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 9, 2009, 8:33 AM   #2

Hi eyeonwashparish,

1st of all it seems very few people got this hybrid camera and 2nd the firmware is not that easy to obtain, if possible at all. This goes for pretty much all of the hybrid cameras available. The Aiptek HD GVS is one of the few hybrids that has multiple firmware version available for download, thx to fishycomics. Best way to try to get info is to contact the Agfaphoto as you did, but I doubt they will give or even have a new firmware.
adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote