Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 18, 2009, 6:08 AM   #1
Default Toshiba Camileo P30 hidden options

1. I discovered in my P30 that when I press most bottom button (usually used for record/playback switch) and zoom button in up position firmware version is displayed on LCD.
In my case it comes from Dec 1st, 2008. Anybody has newer version?
If so - how to get it? Toshiba on its page doesn't provide any newer version.

2. Another interesting function which I discovered accidentally is automatic autofocus check/test with 2 options MACRO and INF and constant zoom change.
I'm not certain how exactly enter this mode. I remember that it was something like combination of FFWD button and zoom button up or down.

3. When I started thinking about P30 I did review in some shops. In one of them I saw P30 with one extra option in video settings menu. Usually there is only Resolution and Stabilization there but that camera had additional Motion Detection ON/OFF or something like that. I couldn't find this option in any official materials from Toshiba. And of course my camera doesn't have this functionality. Possibly newer firmware adds that.
Does anybody know anything about that?

I think all above can be valid to whole new Camileo family, I mean S10, P10, P30 and H20.
cbm80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 19, 2009, 11:08 AM   #2

Hi and welcome cbm80,

Great info on the secret options of the P30 hybrid camera. You have to contact Toshiba to get a new firmware, if they have one.
adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote