Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 14, 2009, 8:46 PM   #1
Default HD shut down if memory stick used?

I have a Sony DCR-SR220 digital camcorder with a 60gb drive and a slot for a memory stick. I originally got this intending to mount it on my motorcycle, and when I finally tried it today - it seems the vibrations are too much for it - and it shuts down.

When I glanced at the screen prior to it shutting itself down - it mentioned something about trying to recover data...

Before I go back to my 8mm camcorder for onbike recordings, I was wondering if I bought a memory stick - if by selecting that instead of the hard drive - if the hard drive would then power down - so vibrations would be a non-issue.

Does anyone know?

biff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 14, 2009, 8:55 PM   #2

Welcome aboard BIff.....

I am no pro, but can say, that Hd drives do not like vibration, we have to lock the drive for shipment, noted in the manual, of our pc's old school, So I wonder if this is true for micro drives, The Flash drives/ SDHC cards are not the same and are placed in a slot by contact points, spring loaded, and will not be interrupted, unless you realy hit a damaging pothole. they will take abuse and I have placed mine in a rc truck, car and boat.
again a sdhc card is best over a micro drive. I hope that is the answer you're looking for. not many own that cam here but one may never know. thank you .
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote