Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 31, 2009, 6:59 PM   #1
Default memory card

DDV-660 digital video camera it says smart cam usa on it. I have this camera an recently I have been getting a message card locked when I try and use a memory card. It does not matter which card I use or which manufacture I use I keep getting the same message, and the card is not locked. The slide arm on the side of the card is not in the locked position. I can use the memory card in any other digital camera and it works fine. This problem just started happening and I do not know why. I need help in fixing this problem. (The memory card I am using is a 1.0gb sd card that I have been using all along. I even purchased a new 4.gb card and get the same message.)
The camera has built in memory and it works just fine.
tfedores1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 2, 2009, 7:04 AM   #2

Electronic spray. connector may be oxidized.

1. did you try formatting sd card in cam
2. did you try removing sd card when cam is in its ON position and back in

Gold piswill oxidize (currode0 over time, due to film of no-ox being removed, causing pins to age, and rust, a old school trick was to clean the pins, you will notic the battery terminals are darker ow then when new?
using incorrect prressurre will break pins i suggest 100% ispro... alcohol on contacts, if electronic spray is not avaialbale, and ALLOW dry time.

can be done on sdhc card or can it?

Dust, a partical etc can be obstructing.
my pc card reader did justt hat stopped working and its 3 years later I have not cleaned since LOL. what i do use electronics spray.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote