Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 3, 2009, 7:14 PM   #1
Default Aiptek Action GVS - Grainy Video

HI, I've got the Aiptek Action HD GVS. The .mov videos play a bit choppy and grainy in Quicktime player, so I downloaded and installed the Arcsoft Theatre software that comes with it, which works much better.

My questions were the following:
1) Is there a way to have it play not grainy and play better in Quicktime?
2) I also use Picasa 3.5 to manage/organize my photos and video. The Picasa 3.5 can pla the videos and it plays them decently but grainy similar to QT as well? Anyone know a work around for this?
3) Is the grainy playback a codec issues?

Thanks for your help

Also any reccomendations on free video conversion software to go from HD .mov to HD .avi (or WMV)
swtsae is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 3, 2009, 9:44 PM   #2

When you say 'grainy', what lighting conditions did you film the video in? Because indoors it may indeed be grainy if the lighting is not sufficient. The choppyness would be a result of the frame rate being reduced.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2009, 10:44 PM   #3

In some of my videos I filmed in low light some in bright light, but that's not really the issue.

I'll have a video filmed in great light and when I play that video with the Total Media Xtreme program that came with the Aiptek it's nice and bright and looks HD, but if I try and play the same video in Quicktime or in Picasa it's grainy and dull and in QT its choppy.

So I believe the issues is with the players and not so much with the actual video.
swtsae is offline   Reply With Quote