Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 7, 2009, 2:12 PM   #1
Default Windows 7 and 1080P 60FPS videos

I'm an early adopter of Windows 7 Ultimate (I get a copy through my MSDN subscription), so far a huge gripe is that WMP12 which ships with Windows 7 is very choppy when it plays 1080P 60FPS .mp4 videos. These videos are from my Sanyo VPC-FH1 which is an awesome camcorder. No problem on Windows Vista Ultimate WMP 11, however Windows 7 does not allow you to downgrade WMP. Arcsoft Digital Theater plays the videos just fine, it's just a little slow opening the files (noticeably slow). I had a trial version of Nero Showtime 8 or whatever comes with Nero 8, also plays fine but my trial ended. What Microsoft did to WMP, I have no idea, should have kept things the way they were. For this reason Windows 7 fails miserably because it's supposed to be an improvement over Vista but that's another story. Unfortunately I've tried a few other players, WMP Classic home theater, VLC, pretty much all the known ones. WMP 11 was perfect. Like I said only player I have that can play them is Arcsoft that came with my GVS, but it takes like 5 - 6 seconds to open a file. Any suggestions?
HDfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 7, 2009, 2:35 PM   #2

If it runs with Windows 7, you might try the fast CoreAVC codec, which will speed all those viewers you mentioned.

Try the demo version. I use the multi-cpu $15 version of it.

FFDshow is also starting to use the second core/cpu as well, but CoreAVC is a solid product.
Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote