Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 7, 2009, 3:18 PM   #1
Default Recomendation for a first time user?

New to the forum and video. Trying to figure out which camcorder to purchase in the sub $150 range. Outdoors mainly with some indoors. I am using a Windows Vista machine. Sorry to be so blunt, but I am not sure where to start. I have shot video with my digital camera and my cell phone, but this would be the first "camcorder". I have looked at the aiptek a-hd and a-hd+.
sbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 7, 2009, 3:38 PM   #2

If you can stretch to $179 on amazon.com I would highly recommend the Aiptek GVS as this is their best camera at the moment and has 5x optical zoom, otherwise the A-HD+ would be the next best as it has the 1080P mode but more importantly it also has a 720p/60fps mode which is often the preferred mode of many of us here as it provides a good compromise on resolution and framerate.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2009, 3:49 PM   #3

Welcome aboard Sbeach.

These are a Pc low budget economy hybrid camcorder, great for the daytime outdoor shots. the two you are researching the A-HD, and + are the one's to look at, 79.-99 are the going price, while they are still rock solid at 119-150.00 online and at Aiptek.com up to 180 plus.

The GVS may or not be the better cam. but it is the only cam of its kind that has the Gyroscopic stablization on the market. while others claim to be the 1st ever hybrids lol

I say research, compare and grab a video sample you want to test out the clip on your pc/mac.

all the models that do hd1080 will require 3.0 or highr ghz, while the hd720 2.0 or higher

for example the GVS requires in hd1080 3.0 and in 720p 2.0 basically a combinination in one cam.

any questions Please feel free to ask.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2009, 3:55 PM   #4

Yep i agree with both have the GVS too and is a good cam for that price when you have a steady hand or tripod.
Best regards

Excuse my english, i know it is not the best.

Canon Powershot S95
Panasonic HDC SD-10 with sunshade.
Juggernauter is offline   Reply With Quote