Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 9, 2010, 11:08 AM   #11

Thanks Eric, you didn't need to take it off, if it is stuck under the heat sink that is OK.

I hopefully will be able to post on a new sensor tonight, and some CES stories.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2010, 4:26 AM   #12

Haven't disassembled a Zi8-but the number of the screws on my Zx1 seems to be very similar.
babya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2011, 9:56 AM   #13

Hi, thanks for the post. I have a couple things going on with my Zi8 and wanted to ask some questions.

1. The reason I started taking apart my Zi8 is because the SD card slot isn't working. That is, I push the card in and it springs back out, rather than locking into place. Other than that, the camera works great, so it's a dumb reason for the camera to be failing. Any ideas on this, based on your take-apart? Either a possible replacement part, or what might be affecting the spring-mechanism?

2. Since I'm already taking the camera apart, I have another use for it and wanted your take:

I'm trying to make a make-shift POV camera to be used as a proof of concept on a will-be-more-complex rig, since I already have the camera. Your post here shows promise for my premise, being that the daughterboard and lens are removable. My question is about the connections on the daughterboard. Do you think it would be possible to connect it to the main board with a cable? I want to separate the lens and sensor for the POV cam, but need a cable connection to the rest of the camera body for this to be possible. Any input is very much appreciated. Thanks!
flyingsockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2013, 2:40 PM   #14

Bought a new lcd screen for my zi8. I got it apart but am having a hard time putting the ribbon cable back in the connector, I have fat fingers. Any tips?
Tonybateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2013, 5:12 PM   #15

I did it with ease, kind of get a pair of tweezers, and protect the ends with tape and cotton swabs, if no tweezers, needle nose do not apply force, gentle push and before you close up test it.

Oh yeah Welcome aboard.

I did not do a how to, lost interest. not because, just the way I felt at the time...
These are Pc low Budget Economy Hybrid camcorders Great for the Daytime Outdoor shots
Light on the Object video made. No light No Video
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:59 PM   #16

thanks, I'll try the tweezers. I tried the needle noses with no luck, What would I have to do to drop a line level to mic level to input a cheap mixer into the mic input on the zi8
Tonybateman is offline   Reply With Quote