Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:27 PM   #1
Default Airplane Videos and what to use?

I have an interest in using a small Video Camera similar in size to a Panasonic HDC-TM20. It is small and can be mounted out on the wing strut or in an inspection hole. I intend to mount a camera of some sort looking more or less straight down or at an angle of several degrees forward looking. I can easily mount a camera of this size, however there are a few technical problems. One is the IR remote wont work, the next is how can I see what I am recording? Is there a Camera out there that I can put a Bullet Cam or something like that on the outside of airplane and look at the video camera in the airplane and see what I am recording? Or is the Panasonic capable of the remote lense? Distances can be between 250 feet to a thousand feet. Any body have any experiance with this?

curtissair is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 8, 2010, 9:00 PM   #2

Welcome to the forums.

An RF versus IR type shutter release is one way you see triggering approached for still cameras when you're not positioned where an IR control would work well. But, I'm not up to date on what may be available for video cameras. I also don't know the answer to the remote display question.

Your best chance of finding a solution is probably in our Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams forum, where we have some creative members that may have figured out the best way to approach that type of thing.

So, I'll move this thread there for you now.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote