Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 10, 2010, 2:25 PM   #1
Default Aiptek A-HD 720p - weird Sd Card problem

I own the Aiptek A-HD 720p, I have been using a Transcend 8gb class 6 SDHC Card on it just fine for ages, and recently I bought a 16gb Transcend class 6 SDHC Card. Out of the box the 16gb worked just fine on the camcorder, doubling my record time which was awesome. But now I formatted the card in my computer and the Aiptek is no longer accepting the SD card. I insert the 16gb SD in the camcorder and it does nothing, still shows the internal memory. If I try the 8gb it works perfect every time. And they are formatted on my PC the same way as I did both.
I have tried formatting it in the Aiptek, but it does nothing cause it can not even read it. I have formatted it NTSC, FAT32 and nothing. I know it worked at first, so am wondering why its stopped working now. The 16gb card does work, cause I tested it out in my camera and it detected it just fine. Why is the aiptek no longer recognizing it? I'm guessing formatting it did something to it that was different from the way Transcend had it formatted. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue. I know it can work which is the weird part as it has worked. Any help would be great. Thanks
royal700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 10, 2010, 2:59 PM   #2

I suggest find a different device to format the sd card, when formatted, try it again in the cam. something the cam, and pc is not deleting, or liking.

I had simular issues, I used a sanyo xacti hd 700 to format..
These are Pc low Budget Economy Hybrid camcorders Great for the Daytime Outdoor shots
Light on the Object video made. No light No Video
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote