Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 5, 2011, 3:08 AM   #1
Default Kodak Playsport Stabilizer

I just got a Kodak Playsport over the holidays. I have been taking it everywhere. I recently took it on a ski trip, and earlier this week I took it out mountain biking (February in Southern California Oh how I love you). I have tried to keep it steady but itís really hard. I found that if I hold it against a tree or a rock I can get pretty steady shots, but thatís not always practical. I like to get action shots of my friends bombing down the trail past the camera. Most of the video is OK, but if Iím going edit it all together and show people I want it to look good. I have seen two hand mounts for the DSLRs but I would like to find something smaller. If I could throw it in my pack it would be great.
ztstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 17, 2011, 3:59 PM   #2

For you to get excellent shots, you must practice, and even learn techniques.

the best thing one can get is a tripod,

to just hold cam in hand you must be able to balance the body
lean on a treee, knees bent elbows bent in a triangular way. just holding your arm out creates shakiness.

some of us can get solid and some can get terrable shots.

I shot a seatow boat rescue in -25 degree weather, I used the tripod as leveredge, to stop the shkiness,

as long as you have a tripod connected, it helps stabilize the cam. tri a mini tripod, a monopod, rather free hand.
These are Pc low Budget Economy Hybrid camcorders Great for the Daytime Outdoor shots
Light on the Object video made. No light No Video
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote