Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 7, 2011, 2:34 PM   #21

Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
I am sure many years of enjoyment from a device. man I should just go back to my Mustek dv3000, I loved that cam or the 4500 never a issue.

@Fishy-- I still have an RCA VHS shoulder mounted camcorder that I got for my 13th birthday back in 1986. It still works great and the picture quality was really good for the time. In fact, I was trying to find a picture of it online and found this commercial from 1986 on youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGPNwlKURpg

But check out the specs:
1. Image stabilization??? (that would be your shoulder)
2. Hi res-lcd--try b/w eye-piece,
3. User-friendly UI?? (try searching the machine for the button you need),
4. Good battery life? (not terrible about 40 minutes--but the Ni-CD battery was was the size of a car battery)
5. Sound quality--meh, but it did a good job recording the motors in the camera
6. Price--It was a gift--but I know that mo-fo was expensive!!

@VT--I am always careful when it comes to reading reviews. PC Mag loves the Sony Bloggie Touch and raves about the image quality. I am just not sure what images they were looking at because I saw nothing even close to rave worthy (or even decent). [I'll post my test footage later] CNET gave the JVC GZ-HM300 a "Very Good" Rating but beat the heck out of it in the actual review. The did the same with virtually every other camcorder in the class (including entry level HD models from Canon [the R10/R100] and the Sony mid-levels). The only one she "sort of" liked was the Samsung (which I have played around with and is an absolutely miserable camera to use and the picture quality is no better than the JVC). There are just going to be those reviewers that are just not fair--and Lori Grunen is one of them. She's expecting the damn camera to perform like a $100,000 Red Epic-M. Give me a break!!!

The JVC is a good $300 camera and a GREAT camera for $125.00. It is only slightly bigger than a Flip UltraHD, has full manual controls, 20x optical zoom, stereo mics that are mounted below the lens, a konica-minolta lens, dual SD Card slots (each capable of handling a 32gb SDHC card), records in 1440x1080 (interpolated to 1920x1080---which is what most cameras, including my HG10 do); and takes solid video. It's not as good as my Canon HG10--the outdoor shots in good lighting are comparable, but the indoor shots are not. That said... I paid $125 for the damn camera--my HG10 was over $800 on sale ($1200 msrp). Heck, this camera cost me less than a Sony Bloggie Touch, Kodak Playtouch or Playsport Zx5.... I think that's a great deal. I'll shoot a full review in the next couple of days.
set2374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2011, 7:31 PM   #22

I hear ya.
These are Pc low Budget Economy Hybrid camcorders Great for the Daytime Outdoor shots
Light on the Object video made. No light No Video
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2011, 1:58 AM   #23

Hi ya'll. I just posted a detailed review on YouTube. If you're interested, please check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EmlcdCK3yk
set2374 is offline   Reply With Quote