Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:10 AM   #1
Default Bargain Panasonic HDC-SD600K 3MOS HD Camcorder

At Amazon -

Panasonic HDC-SD600K 3MOS HD Camcorder
used "Like New" $408

This is basically the very highly regarded Panasonic HDC-TM700 (with fewer features) that sells for $900 low street price......

The Panasonic HDC-TM700 (link to review) was the top pick of HD camcorders at ConsumerSearch - where they review the reviews - ie: survey the available reviews, rate them then come to a consensus.

CamcorderInfo.com 2010 Camcorder of the Year: Panasonic HDC-TM700 (link to their very detailed review)

Read the "most helpful" Amazon user review on the Panasonic HDC-SD600 for the differences.

Seems like a bargain to me at $408 for one of the highest quality consumer HD camcorders, when most of them are in the $800-$1K mark.....

My video ambitions are lower so I am happy with my Kodak Zi8 and Zx3 -
but I thought some might like to know about this.
Currently there are still 2 used "Like New" for $408 sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals.

Please let me know what you think?

reading some of the more recent user reviews on Amazon it appears that during early March some got this camcorder for $299 new! so perhaps the price of $408 may not be such a big bargain after all..... Sorry.

FWIW - this test footage looked very impressive:

Panasonic HDC-SD600 - Test Footage

Despite my lack of videophile ambitions I think I would have bought one at $299.........

Last edited by UnknownVT; Apr 21, 2011 at 2:18 PM.
UnknownVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links