Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 3, 2011, 7:51 AM   #1
Default Traveler dv-5000 (jazz178clone) wont turn on

hi i just got a travel dv-5000 from a mate as a webcam. from some research i found out it is a clone of the jazz178

however theres a wierd bug
if i plug it into the pc it makes the start up sound and i get the traveler logo on the screen for about a second then the screen is blank,
i can access the sd card and the light around the record button turns red (or flashes red)
if i press the back button the light turns green and with the drivers installed i can use the camera as a webcam

my first thought is the firmware has become corrupt as when it is in the pc it is using the pc software not the camera firmware. but i cant find a firmware file to flash onto it to test this theory, given its a clone of the jazz178 i wondered about trying that firmware...but i cant find that either lol

has anyone had this problem and been able to fix it

info links,

traveler http://www.traveler-service.de/popup...opup/index.htm
jazz178 Jazz HDV-178 / 188 720P HD 720P camcorder review

the post that suggested the jazz178 and traveler dv-5000 is one and the same, all links on the post apear dead Jazz 178 copy - Firmware upgrade

any and all help greatly appreciated
mrgreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 5, 2011, 10:48 AM   #2

You are highly unlikely to find any firmware downloads, especially given how old this device is now. I have the HDV178 myself and never found much in the way of anything for a support page. Here in the USA these cameras are sold cheap in bubble packs in Walmarts etc. (which is where I bought mine) and considered by them to be disposable even if we don't think so ourselves!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2011, 2:51 PM   #3

These are Pc low Budget Economy Hybrid camcorders Great for the Daytime Outdoor shots
Light on the Object video made. No light No Video
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2011, 10:12 PM   #4

Haven't been able to figure out the webcam side yet but, if you run the Arcsoft media Impression software provided you can see the output. Debut Video Capture also shows it (there is a free version). I can use it in my EditStudio Video program as a capture device.

In all cases I had to connect via usb and press the bottom button, and video was limited to 640x480.

Don't know if you will get a higher resolution if you connect to a video capture card using the av cable.

Webcam software driver available here (not tried it yet) - http://www.traveler-service.de/cms/i...eler-dv5000-uk

Hope this helps, AAG
A A Gruntpuddock is offline   Reply With Quote