Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 1, 2012, 11:05 AM   #1
Default Looking for decent Camcorder??

hello...I have not been around in awhile and was looking for input into either what pistol grip besides Xacti hd1010 was the best for the buck..

Also any non pistol Grip cameras that were good..Looking to spend around $250 or less..Any help would be greatly appreciated..Thanks
nitti48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 1, 2012, 1:20 PM   #2

I used to have the Sanyo VPC-FH1 (non-pistol grip) which was awesome, great video, very good pics both indoor and outdoor, until it got stolen. Although you can't seem to get anymore these days besides maybe ebay or craigslist. I replaced with the panasonic hx-dc1 which is very good outdoors but poor indoors however I believe Panasonic is coming out with a new line soon, hopefully better, but definitely with more features http://panasonic.net/avc/camcorder/active/

I also have a Sony WX10 which is really awesome, 1080i 60fps video, awesome pics, tons of options and is great indoors and outdoors for both pics and videos. Only knock is you can hear the zoom on videos but that seems to be the case with most cameras. On my panasonic, no zoom noise. I'd also throw in whatever you look at, some kind of optical zoom should be included.

Last edited by HDfan23; Feb 1, 2012 at 3:53 PM.
HDfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2012, 4:13 PM   #3

todays woot is the samsung q10 for $150. video should look ok but ive read that the 5mp photos arnt very good
qv98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2012, 10:15 AM   #4

Then older (now discontinued) Kodak PlaySport Zx3 was a very highly regarded (non-pistol grip) pocket HD camcorder.

Kodak Playsport ZX3 Full review

Kodak Playsport Zx3 Reviews RoundUp

It is on sale at WalMart for a paltry $69 new, free shipping -
this is a bargain
UnknownVT is offline   Reply With Quote