Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Closed Thread
Old Apr 13, 2012, 4:16 PM   #1
Default Kodak Zx3 Playsport sd card issue

Hi all.
Bummed out I couldn't take my playsport on vacation and have ZERO pictures of my kayaking trip with my son. Have searched for answers but can't seem to find anything.
I am not sure what's going on with my camera. Had it for a little over a year now and it has worked great. I use a 16gb class 10 sdhc in it but noticed that it is now not "recognizing" the card. I have the camera icon next to the battery indicator. No exclamation, no question mark, just shows as if it had no card installed and can only record 8 seconds. I have used this same card since I purchased the camera and it has worked fine.
I tried a spare 2gb card and it recognizes that.
I know it supports sdhc and up to 32gb cards. it has worked before so what gives?

Did I change some kind of setting or..........

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 13, 2012, 5:07 PM   #2

If that card worked fine before, but not now
and another card works -
then it sounds like that card is now bad.

Have you tried reading it via a separate card reader?
if it fails on your computer -
tried formatting it on the computer?
Old Apr 13, 2012, 5:38 PM   #3

Yes I tried the 16gb card on my computer and it reads it a 15gb and I now use it in my canon elph 300hs and It works fine.
So the card itself works on other devices. I even reformatted the card on my laptop and it still shows as if there is no card inserted on the kodak.

I'm at a loss
Old Apr 13, 2012, 8:03 PM   #4

sorry Kodak no longer a industry for cams.wil they offersupport, no. just kidding but all kidding aside.

Did you try formatting the card in a pc, a cam a ndffierent cam from fat to the other ome. I at times find the same probelm in htat situation and a different cam clears the issue.

is there a reset t othe cam not realy. nothing you did wrong hope that helps a lil
These are Pc low Budget Economy Hybrid camcorders Great for the Daytime Outdoor shots
Light on the Object video made. No light No Video
Closed Thread