Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 20, 2012, 3:21 AM   #1
Default gopro hd cam tested at 400ft and underwater

I guess this is the place to post a video you might be interested in..I have been playing with the gopro underwater / action video camera. It does take stills too but that will be my nest test
Anyway on a short trip to the Isle of Mull , I decided to fix it to my remote control glider and film the sunset from 100's of feet up (eek)
I also used it for a couple of underwater shots.. See what you think. My opinion for what it's worth? A great Cam with the big minus of a fisheye lens..
www.wildaboutfilms.com my olympus shots in video
alexs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 6, 2012, 4:32 PM   #2

Thanks Akexs. Watch out for future gopro's. I was involved in some interesting camera developments around 8 years ago, and the quality camera compression codec of choice was cineform, used in the film industry and very nice. GoPro bought them. They now are pushing cineform as a standard. If go pro ever uses this, quality will go up a lot. Alternatively, they introduced a fullhd 24fps 36mb/s h264 mode in the gopro2, and I have seen some mention of p60, more realistic for action, but am unsure. However, I am here to post about a new 4k video resolution chip from the company that supplies go pro, and even the last chip could look at a 16mp frame 30 times a second, thought not designed to compress it. So, I suspect the go pro HD 3 and 4 will land up using at least one of these things and quality will be even better.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote