Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 24, 2005, 11:52 PM   #1

If you're interested in the higher end hybrid cameras we have now posted our Sanyo VPC-C4 and VPC-C5 reviews. I am most impressed with thevideo quality of these little cameras, it is nearly as good as MiniDV camcorder. The still images are also very good, see our sample photos and movies.

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 25, 2005, 8:10 AM   #2

$799.99 price drop 699.99 in store

Steve excellent find on the camera?

It is not only on ebay , but on the sites I linkied as well, Sanyo themselves do not show full information, but have a coming soon. I have read this topic before, just that If I am going to spend $800.00

I would go with JVC, or SONY over Sanyo, and get a true camcorder with well over 60x total zoom.

And have your moments on something a little more secure than a sd card.

While there are simular models out there. Like the Miniket with 10x optical zoom and at $599.00 or less

It is still a great competitor to all the high end models. it is the consumers choice ofwhat brands they like.

Again a great review and choice in the digital world of camera and photograghy
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2005, 1:58 PM   #3

Very impressive cameras, unfortunately more costly than what I choose to spend on a hybrid. On the downside for me is that they don't have MP3 modes, and use proprietary batteries. Feature lists that those of us with $300 hybrids can only drool about. Maybe I should just forget my little price game and buy one.

Equally impressive reviews of the C4 and C5. I can't find any specificiation for the video codec used, whether it is asf or avi. Also, an additional test could be start-up time with an almost-full memory card. I find that on my Digilife, the time to prepare for use becomes very excessive with a full card. This may be quite different on other cameras, and would be useful to know.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote