Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 4, 2005, 7:19 AM   #91

1.what would you like besides my extensive review?

2 what type of sample qould you like? you tell me if you want a dog doing a trick. some snow footage )which I have about 2 inchs on the floor. you want what.

3 Why You went to Aiptek.com to purchase for 200.00 and could hae gone to another site or target for 50.00 less but yes all the extras .

I understand your Pain completely. you are never going to appriciate the new hybrids It is a ECONOMY CAMCORDER FOR THE PC. that means when camcorders are @1000.00 and up how can one affors a simple movie toy or gadget. ys today sd cards are the way

get yourself a true camcorder for 200 and tape dv tape the canon, the ywill be far better with an optical zoom

Last thing open it up use it play with it. they will allow you to return it, and they will not punish you. unless you think so

again tell me and I'll try t do moy best but remember one thing LOW LIGHT IS NOT THE BEST ON THIS my house is dark and no light no film some light some film or yes a video

A. go into the upload center here

B go into the happy holiday center there

C go into the beginning here.

you'll see video. no matter what ype you see it will be none sum most all the same.

having no video or stil is desaster.

having any type of film or still is priceless
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2005, 8:51 AM   #92

http://media.putfile.com/CLIP00077030 sec high resolution no controls of any setting just record and zoom( vid stablizor can be set video only)all other controls are for stills

I hope that video helps out. Please everyone NO OFFENSE to anyone.

If the Subject is dark complection, Like my dawg he is brown chocholate and the other brown golden. you'l notice the amount of light reflected. so that said. the darker the subject the harder to film. but when that sun which today it is SNOW hits him he'll shine bright. light plays a major roll on these hybrids.

Now Jvc 189 at Sears. canon or samsung can be had 200 and up. 20x optical to start. and you'll be happier with that, rather with this hybrid

1. I can place this in my pocket , work on the job, and not worry bout it being bulky

2. leave it in the car and take it out and capture any moment after it turns on 5 secs up.

3. take it on the boat , a trip anywhere.

a camcorder I cannot.

so again look at the vid. let me know what you wantto snap and I'll try my best, I cannot go any better then best which I have already.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 11:11 AM   #93

Fishy - thanks very much for the effort you have put into this.

Firstly let me say that your video and review were thoroughly scoured before I posted.

Secondly, let me thank you for taking the time to post another video, confirming what I thought about the quality - which is useless.

Fishy - you take this personally like you made and designed this camera yourself - that doesn't make for a friendly forum when someone disagrees with you. I am not knocking your skills as a photographer - the bottom line is I have still cameras that can assemble frames faster than this lunk of junk.

The video is without a doubt completely unaccpetable. I fly helicopters. I film other helicopters. I film from insidethe helicopters.

The image quality is fine. The sound is fine. The CAPTURE SUCKS. It looks like a silent movie. It looks like one of those books that you flick through real fast to make animation. It just plain SUCKS. If I was filmimg my dog I wouldn't give arat's assI suppose.

This piece of 'equipment' has no place in my gear bag. This is without a doubt the biggest POS I have ever seen called a video camera.

I really do want to thank you all - but an Aiptek MPVR owner and thus frequent visitor to this forum, I won't be.

stealth916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2005, 12:09 PM   #94

Stealth. I appologise for any inconvience. And again we are here to help.

It may be that we have hobbies etc. a family member , My dawg he was a family member. I owned a shepherd malimute the best dog ever he cannot be replaced. and I wish, I wished I had taken video shots of him. and I did. I will post one up as i am searching for it after the post. why?

He died in my arms at age 8 -9 years of age he had 8 more to go his illness or desease was unknown I am teary still. my touchy side :-)

So I agree with you on some to most of what you are saying

IT IS A PC camera not a personal camera. I trust my Olympus over the aipteks and musteks, but I do not have any other video source boo hoo. SO I live with it

Yes i also do rc i am more a 4x4 truck. I had posted a vid with the camera onboard. I think I rather do that with the el cheapo then a 1000.00 camera

Again I am sorry

there are down points

1. video from sun to shade cannot adjust quick enough no manual focus

2. no optical zoom. clicks in zoom, and has white noise etc

the list can go on and on. hope al works out. will find my vid and a pic

Old Dec 4, 2005, 12:15 PM   #95

How one can go from a 150 lb beast to a 50lb chciken Lol both are olymus you can see the pours on the face real close up not on the aiptek or any hybrid and yes 2 megapixals imagine I had 5 megs WOW! that said I can't find the vids boo hoo

a real dog

a chciken

Old Dec 6, 2005, 12:06 PM   #96

another update, i left the house and had to go ack in , I had a over hang of snow, and snapped a shot I came back to use my tripod

the tripod I have did not allow the camera to open correctly . So the story is . If you use a tripod it may be wise to open the screen first then turn the camera off or on to get your shot. I forget if I mentioned that in the topic
Old Dec 8, 2005, 8:50 PM   #97

Has anyone used a 1 gig card in the AiptekMPVR? I just bought a 1 gig SanDisk SD and it seems to work ok on the MPVR (well, except it seems to not really hold much video -- I recorded about 40 minutes at vga quality then it ran out of space)...my question is that the 1 gig card won't read on my pc card reader. It may be thatmy card reader can't handle a 1 gig. My PC says the file is corrupted, but the videos show fine on the MPVR. Anyone else have this problem?
bobbybooda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 10:52 PM   #98

Did you format the card in the camera? I have had 'new' cards with test fileson them.

Did you install the software that came with the camera? A DIVX codec is required to view the videos ona PC. It should have been installed with the camera software.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2005, 2:28 AM   #99

bobbybooda....

my 1 gig card works fine no problem. a card reader should do just that no matter what size. but have you loaded your software and tried your camera? Sounds like your pc does not have a usb port? or does it. I understand you may have filled them up. I have 6 cameras and most my ports are filled up. my card reader built in to the pc needs fixing on the smart card i need to clean or see if the pins seperated

Now check if you are using the night mode if not check the stabilizr because that'll use some memory

a 1 gig shoulf get you 45-1 hour no more . its a bigger file size usage the camera I wish it was like my mustek, 2hr 54 minutes low 1 hr 45 high lol

Oldhacer I am agreeing but my camera in this caseworked fine the 1st time hmmmm maybe because I loaded the software like you said
Old Dec 9, 2005, 8:14 AM   #100

I haven't loaded the Aiptek software, but the videos I recorded on the MPVR with a 512 SD card play just fine on my pc via my 6-in-1 card reader. I will hook up the camera with the USB connection and see if I can read the card that way.
bobbybooda is offline   Reply With Quote