Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 17, 2005, 9:09 PM   #1

I'm interested in buying a hybrid camera. But I'm kind of undecidedon which to buy. I really like the style of the DDV-S670 but I haven't been able to find any reviews or pictures taken by this specific camera. I've also noticed alot of similar styled Camera's from unknown companies such as DEO. So, Basically I just need a little more about the pro's and con's of this specific camera and even a few pictures that this camera has taken. Thanks

Crumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 17, 2005, 9:26 PM   #2

Hi Crunbs,

Welcome to the forum. I used to have a Digilife DDV-S670, and it is an interesting variation on the hybrid style.

On the main topic list for the Hybrids, there is a topic called "Hybrid Camera List". It includes a list of clone cameras, and as you say, the S670 is sold under various names by quite a few companies.

Basically, if you can find video from a DDV-7000, DDV-660 or DDV-720, it will be the same as for the S670. The only change from the 660 was the case style. The 720 added a remote control and motion stabilization. Note that later production versions of the S670 also had motion stabilization, so if you're buying one, take care to get one with that feature. Watch out for a similar model, the 670. It looks the same as the S670, but has an inferior sensor, smaller screen, and a lanyard loop that sticks out of the top like a pimple. Don't bother with that one.

Beware that although the S670 is very compact and feels very expensive, it has a very weak microphone and speaker system. It's also not as easy to hold as the more typical hybrids.

For a review of it, look through the topic names until you find one about a comparison of the 720, S670 and the Aiptek DV4500. I'm sure it will answer most of what you'd like to know about it.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote