Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 30, 2005, 9:29 PM   #21

3face sorry you lost me on that last post :G

I know you are an excited ellow but sometimes I overlook things lol
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 6:27 PM   #22

Regarding the Exposure setting in video mode. I can proclaim that it definately has an effect on the record video.

I made a video panning around the front yard and of my house. I have a white garage door. When I changed the exposure to maximum, then panned the front of the house again (outside cloudy day in Portland - whatelse) the white parts were completly washed out; when on normal exposure then it could be seen as normal. Multiple vid test with/without exposure setting all showed exposure set to max had washout effect.

ecarmody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 7:49 PM   #23

hmmm now if you say that i amy need to say sorry for misleading all... I guess the newer versions are getting extra goodies,
Old Jan 2, 2006, 2:32 AM   #24

Hey All! - Glad to see everyone enjoying their MPVR's!!

I have a question. It may be simple but I was just wondering. - What formats can the MPVR playback? meaning video formats? - if I take a vid, convert it to MPEG and then apply film effects etc.. and make a small movie out of it and try to put it on my MPVR - it doesn't recognize it or even play it.. - can it only read ASF files? could I create a movie, then convert it back to ASF and would the MPVR read it and allow me to run it on the TV?!? - just wondering because I have used Sony Vegas to go over my video and it looks amazing when it gets done (I love the Saturation Option!, really brightens up videos!), but I cannot put it back on my MPVR to play on my TV! - any help with this would be highly appreciated! - thanx.
MPVR911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2006, 8:25 AM   #25

mpvr911

have you read that topic i posted (1) and watched the vid? my answer would be no you did not?

watch it and learn from it?

you can do anything , Yes ANYTHING. use your software, do your movie and when you save it save as wmv file b/c it'll compress it down to size

then go to arc converter and load it up, it'll finish converting it for you and save it as Clip0001 rename the clip to clip0200 so no other clip0001 is in there that will ask for overwrite. Once you do that then go turn on the camera and sit back and enjoy the show?
overlooked question. that is why i did a how to step, and most never look there? not your fault, just

that I understand we never look pass page 1, or at the titles or they are named wrong.

MPVR911 wrote:
Quote:
Hey All! - Glad to see everyone enjoying their MPVR's!!

I have a question. It may be simple but I was just wondering. - What formats can the MPVR playback? meaning video formats? - if I take a vid, convert it to MPEG and then apply film effects etc.. and make a small movie out of it and try to put it on my MPVR - it doesn't recognize it or even play it.. - can it only read ASF files? could I create a movie, then convert it back to ASF and would the MPVR read it and allow me to run it on the TV?!? - just wondering because I have used Sony Vegas to go over my video and it looks amazing when it gets done (I love the Saturation Option!, really brightens up videos!), but I cannot put it back on my MPVR to play on my TV! - any help with this would be highly appreciated! - thanx.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 2:00 PM   #26

no apologies needed; we are all learning. You have posted a wealth of information on the MPVR and howto's about it. I assume your not perfect, so your bound to get something wrong once in a while

Cheers,

Eric
ecarmody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2006, 2:42 PM   #27

Yes i have to appologise , man I had no tea and when I re read it , I made no sense Lol my grammer failed this year or was it last year? thank you. did it work out any troubles trying it out again?