Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 4, 2006, 11:34 PM   #1

Last week I decided to install the software that came with my aiptek and load the drivers into my xp pro computer. All of the software loaded fine except for the muvee video software. It would start to install then it would just disappear?When I pluged my mpvr into my usb port I got an error box saying the usb device has malfunctioned and windows doesn't recongize the device? What gives? I had to go out and buy a scandisk card reader so I could get the pics and movies off the sd card. I've never had any problems with any other usb devices before. Any suggestions?
Excel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 5, 2006, 2:55 AM   #2

go into my computer/ control panal /and software programs . delete the files AS a last resort if you are afraidthey will not come back.

also see if muvie 4 is in there.

1. reload the software it will overwrite the old one have the camera plugged in but not one.

load up. finish loading. then turn on canera let pc see new hardware being installed w/o sd card. finished

2 do the samewith the sd card in this time and finish

If not working yet

3. plug the camera first, then turn on the camera sd out load software

4. plug camera turn on sd in the software.

load up muvee4. if it does not accept, then you better call up Aiptek pewrsonal and get a new cd it may be currupted XP should recognise the camera w/o sftwr amd muvee 4 should run

A...is it possabble you have no more space left on the pc?

B... try going also my computer / control panal hardware and allow the pc to find the hardware . while the camera is in th on.

Make sure you got the mini usb plug in not the rca jack. probaly a bad port on the camera. that will be one guess andthe software isa puzzel.....

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2006, 11:32 AM   #3

Maybe you have it set to camera mode instead of Storage. And MAYBE your computer doesn't recognize USB cameras for whatever reason. So when you plug the MPVR into the USB hit menu and switch to Storage (I think that's what it's called). See if that helps. If not, your probablyscrewed lol :blah:

I would say as a LAAAAST resort, format and reinstall WindowsXP.
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote