Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 8, 2006, 11:51 AM   #1

Argus has released a DV cam the QuickClix 3270dv that can do 640 x 480 at 30 fps.

I haven't been able to find any reviews of it yet.

I also am hoping to gather some opinions for what dv camcorder to buy. In particular, I want to use it with a DOF adapter. For info see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depth_of_field_adapter

As those adapters can lose a few stops of light, I need one that is good in low light and does 640x480, 30fps. I'm currently considering the Argus 3270, Mustek 9300, Aiptek ISDV, and MPVR. I'm open to others as well. I like the MPVR but I don't want to use its lowlight mode with this.
Lucidspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2006, 12:05 PM   #2

Next best thing to a full featured camcorder at a fraction of the price! The new QuickClix 3270dv is a 3.2MP digital still camera with a full VGA video capture at27FPS in MPEG 4 format. Fashioned with smart polished styling, the 3270dv includes a flip out 1.5" LCD display, audio recording and playback and an easy to use control system. This is the perfect pocket digital camera for birthday parties and family vacations!

Movie Clip Format: Mpeg 4 640 x 480 at 30 FPS

argus may be another name for example konica. do not hold me to my words.

I do not like how they say in the above copy/paiste it is a 27fps, and then state 30fps.

3face, and I wil tell you stick with the Aiptek, but. I wil deffently say research , find a member in here that is getting one first(lol)

email the company , bother them till they can throw somesample vids your way. and decide on what function orfeatures it offers for the price.

4aaa system may not last long 6vdc or4.8vdc at a smaller discharge rate under 1.5 hours hmmm think twice before you decide. Somemembers here have a mustek dv5300se and the never came foward with their reviews after the HSN.com ofer. some have , not the rest...............
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 12:45 PM   #3

Power: 4 AAA Batteries

That right there, makes it a NOOOO. MPVR all the way. It also has a MUCH SMALLER SCREEN, SAME MP, and it has no DVR function AND it doesn't play MP3s. It's ...basically a camera, not even really a hybrid. PASS.
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote