Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 14, 2006, 2:10 AM   #1

DXG-305V / 3.0 Megapixel / 4x Digital Zoom / MPEG-4 / Silver / Digital Video Camera

Bought this cause it have all the bells and whistles I want and is only $100.

I don't know alot about techy stuff so I won't really be (able ) to give you the test shots or upload any samples. The reason I started this topic was to ask if anyone else has heard of not only this camera but this company DXG ?

Well- This camera does suck in low light- but that's what a flash is for right? and thankfully mine has a flash. There is a timer- some effects to choose from like filters (kinda LIKE filters- they give a color tint) and you can take them as B&Ws too. It has the voice recorder which I have found to sound good. The image display is dark- the menus are easy to read and function- the select and scroll is kind of odd but I guess I'll get used to it (it's a toggle wheel that can also be pushed in to select various functions and items in the menus.

It has a great look to it- Doesn't look like a toy at all (or feel like one in my mind anyhow either) you have to hold it a certain way so you don't block the flash though.

^ see what I mean about holding it- the flash...?...

I'm using this as a replacement to my canon elph that got stolen from me. I wanted something that was really cheap and didn't take up alot of space on my old ass computer (still running windows 98SE I know)

I'll be taking alot of club pictures and out door pics in Florida next week with it- but probably won't load them to my comp right away- I bought a 512 SD card so I can shoot about 111 min or take close to 1000 pics with that alone.

I really don't want or need perfect pictures but may use a couple of the pics that turn out good to use to promote some DJs I know. I'm 30 and have been in the whole DJ scene for over a dozen years now.

I'd just like to know what you think of the camera and company for an average user- not a photo head or a big tech guy.

I am planning on buying a travel fast battery charger cause I know it's gonna eat up batteries FAST and will probably just rotate 8 AAA's the 4 AAA's it comes with look like crap.

This is all the other stuff that came in the box (plastic - whatever)

[*]DXG-305V Digital Camcorder [/*][*]4 x AAA Batteries [/*][*]USB / AV Cable [/*][*]Earphones [/*][*]Wrist Strap [/*][*]Camera Pouch [/*][*]CD-ROM [/*][*]Software CD [/*][*]User's Manual [/*][*]And DXG sticker (cheesey ones but stickers none the less) Features
  • 3.0 Megapixel CMOS [/*]
  • 4X Digital Zoom [/*]
  • Records MPEG-4 Movies [/*]
  • Supports Direct Print [/*]
  • MP3 Player
Video Mode Recording Time per Storage Capacity

[align=center]320x240 (30fps)[/align]

[align=center]640x480 (15fps)[/align]

[align=center]6 min[/align]

[align=center]2 min[/align]

[align=center]27 min[/align]

[align=center]13 min[/align]

[align=center]55 min[/align]

[align=center]27 min[/align]

[align=center]111 min[/align]

[align=center]55 min[/align]

[align=center]223 min[/align]

[align=center]111 min[/align]

Digicam, Media Reader and MP3 Player!
The Most Affordable All-In-One Media Player
Compact, lightweight, and capable, the DXG-305V rivals cameras selling for hundreds more. The 5-in-1 functionality of the DXG-305V provides you with a fun and compact device that is ready to be used at a moment's notice inside or outdoors. As a digital camcorder, the 305V utilizes the latest MPEG-4 video compression technology and allows users to record special events almost anywhere and play them back on their personal computer or TV.

The built-in MP3 player allows songs to be downloaded and stored on the camcorder's memory and played back using the included earphones, a perfect addition for travelers. The 305V also includes an expandable SD card slot for up to 512MB of removable storage.

As a digital camera, the DXG-305V provides 3.0 megapixel pictures in a simple point and shoot format. The voice recorder is ideal for daily personal reminders, grocery lists and much more. And for those wishing to videoconference with friends or remote relatives, the camera can be easily connected to a personal computer for face-to-face chats via the Web.

oh and this too-

[align=left]3.0 Megapixel

Digital Zoom

LCD Monitor
1.5-inch TFT

Shutter Speed
1/4 - 1/1000 sec.

Movie Mode
30 fps

Audio Player

Voice Recorder

Memory Included