Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 24, 2006, 6:47 PM   #1

Hello everyone,

I currently own a MPVR and wanted to keep it mainly as a "TIVO-Like device", but still keep it connected to output onto my TV so i can instantly watch what i just recorded without having to get up and switch the cables around...AND STILL HAVE IT CONNECTED TO A DC ADAPTOR.Here's how i did it:

1. The Aiptek originally comes with a cable that connects the TV out (from TV) to the Aiptek Video In. Set it up.

2. I ordered from Aiptek online store a DC-in adaptor (that normally hooks up to the USB port on the MPVR) to have constant power and no need for battery. This causes a little problem because you would need that same usb port to connect the MPVR (Video out this time) to your A/V Video In (on your TV)to watch what you record.

I hope everyone is still following me

3. Solution to have DC-in, Video out, and Video in at the same time: I bought a USB hub :G (with a female mini B on one side and the standard female A on the other)

4. Connect the DC-in adaptor to the female mini B (and an outlet of course), and the other side, connect the standard Male A USB head found on the USB/AV rca cable that's also supplied with the Aiptek MPVR.

5. Connect the AV rca component part of the cable to the TV, and now you can watch what you recorded without having to change cables or ever run out of power. And of course to keep with the lazy man's tradition of being a couch potato, i also got a remote control for the MPVR so i can record, and playback w/o having to get up.

I hope this was useful to those who have the MPVR.

drstanescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 24, 2006, 7:41 PM   #2

that was one of the aipteks mistakes.

how cn you ustilize a ac adaptor sharing the same port for playback.

maybe the newer version will have the correction

again excellent find

suprized 3face did not think of it hmm

I use a car crger for the batt compartment, and can easily get a ac afaptor and use it to the batt compartment so it works both ways
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote