Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 24, 2006, 8:23 PM   #1

Hello Everyone,

Please excuse this post if someone else has done it already but i just got done reading the .pdf manual of Samsung's New Sports Camera Line that can be found in it's entirety here: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...-00994A-IB.pdf

But what interests us is its performance so i concentrated it down to a couple of handy functions they posses:

BTW all the model differ in the internal mem capacity nothing else: SC-x205L, x210L, x220L.

1. 10x optical zoom with AF and MF with 3.0 LUX (decent, also assisted with backlighting, meaning it digitally "reduces" the LUX and brightens the movie.

2. they have built in memory 512 MB,1 GB,2 GB with SD Slot 2GB max (high speed if you want to record at 720p res)

3. Recording can be from it's lens, or an external device (in other words, it's got a AV out/in combo cable. Yey! TIVO Ability!!! QUALITY 350p, 720i, 720pCOMPRESSION Mpeg 4 XVID :-)

4. Separate AC-in

5. Separate USB

6. Voice recorder, and MP3 player, Mpeg 4 player (when you're on a plane and wanna watch a decent movie in the ecomony section :-))

7. 2.0 " lcd 230k pix res

8. optional extended battery (1900 mha) giving 2h 40 min rec time with lcd on (reg bat 1200 mha 1h 30 min rec time)

9. the ONLY DRAWBACK IS.........Digital Still is crap 800x600 res ! But thats life!

drstanescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 24, 2006, 9:03 PM   #2

[align=left]Just an add-on to the Overview:

THE PRICE for the 1GB model (SC-X210L)

699$ AT BHPHOTOVIDEO.com (great store for those who are not from NY)

But it's a toss up (price wise), for 100$ more you can get the Sanyo HD1 (at 799$), superior video and photo quality, but the major differences are:

1. Samsung max res (as advertised) is720p (but it's really 480p, for those who know, and from what i read in the manual :-))

Brief summary of vid resolutions: 480p= 720 x 480; 720p= 1280 x 720; and 1080p= 1920 x 1200 ("true HD" as some might advertise)

Sanyo superior video at true 720p, and greater aperture (lower F, meaning lower LUX) as well as 5mp photos with 9 point AF.

2. Samsung MP3 capability, external source video/audio recording capab., and 1GB mem already installed. The Sanyo has NONE OF THESE CAPABILITIES or attributes.

Thus the explanation for the 699 price tag! It's give and take with these Hybrids !

Don't you just wish they would make one that was perfect :G?[/align]
Attached Images
Old Mar 25, 2006, 4:58 AM   #3

800.00 is a ton of money for some and I would be very happy with a 32x optical camcorder by Jvc.

and still have money left over to puchase a hybrid of a decent price, hop on a weekend trip, andsnap the vid of my get away lol.........

Both cameras are excellent , but there has to be a line of what is reasonable to the consumer. Samsung has A great Commercial with the young sales kid or intern. brings out hte camcorder while on the jet, , the phone, and other product shows up. they do not say if it is a camphone, just a product. the commercial catered to high end electronics. If the companies keep goingthis route they must improve apon Low Lux, the bigest downfall. that is my delema.

Again an excellent camera for high end users who can aford these. not I.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 10:22 AM   #4

536$ at BESTBUY

Attached Images
Old Jan 1, 2007, 9:20 AM   #5

When I win the power ball I will get one and do a review. lol. But untill then I will stick to my Aiptek MPVR+. lol
Hangdogdaddy38 is offline   Reply With Quote