Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 21, 2006, 4:36 AM   #1

To all DigiLife DDV-7000 Users... helo out there just hoping if someone has already managed to change MPEG, asf, wmf to asf and can transfer the said file to digicam and can be viewed to your digicam like movies...

because i already tried the procedures give by Cresho way back jan 9 post but the problem is that Cresho is using Video Studio 8.0 SE version... but the package included in DDV-7000 is only Ulead Video Studio 7 SE Basic version so its a different thing...

also i tried to rename and "save as" a wmp movie file and rename to "CLIP0005" but the thing is that the type is only "*.VSP" file and not "*.AVI" and theres no other choices where i can find ".AVI"... ???.. gotch its to#$%@&...

but i still try to save to my digicam hoping that i can open it, but when i open the digicam at the replay mode under video, i cannot find that file,, but i can see the file when i connect the USB to the DDV mass storage disk at my computer..

already tried everything but i cannot get it.. wat a trial and error... :?

ruggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 24, 2006, 12:03 AM   #2

The file format is just one of a bunch of parameters. Digital video can be coded about four different ways, each of those ways having from one to very many different possibilities. To even have a chance of playing a video, you have to open the file header (properties) of a video made on your camera, and open the same thing on the video you want to play. Chances are they don't match. Even if they match, they may not play. To get them to match, you have to process the video through a video conversion/editing program. For me, Ulead Video Studio 8 in combination with the DDV-920 is the first combination of software and camera that will do this relatively flawlessly.

I posted sometime earlier about the variations in digital video format, so a search should turn up the information if you want to pursue it. I have to look it up because I'm bogged down in video compatibility problems again.

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote