Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Image & Film Scanners

Old Jun 15, 2007, 1:27 AM   #1

Maybe someone can help me. Just bought this about 4 weeks ago, got around to setting it up about a week later, made the mistake of throwing away the packaging. The software doesn't work. Was on the phone with a customer service guy for 2 hours, he got a new version downloaded over the internet for me, but was unable to get it to run. It seems to be on my computer now, but not workable. I'm supposed to call back tonight, with a case number for my problem, but I'm not optomistic about the problem being fixed. I should have saved the box and returned it (to Staples) within the 15 day period. Am I stuck? Anyone have any suggestions?
redliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 10, 2007, 1:10 PM   #2

If you have an icon on your desktop for the program, right click on it. Left click on Properties. Left click on the Compatability Tab at the top. Click on the little box marked "Run this Program in Compatability Mode For:" Then choose Windows 98.

Then left click on Apply and OK. That should do it.

If you don't have an icon and need to install the program, go to accesories and Compatability Wizard there to install and run the program.
Tazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 9:56 PM   #3

had the same happen with windows xp home sp2 on my dell. the hp software gave errors in all functions and the hpg3010 scanner gave errors in all button functions.

the scanner did scan with third party software.

the compatibiliy change to win98 solved all the problems and the g3010 operates on its own software and the hardware buttons.

do not depend on the hp reps giving you this solution. they have none. just try it

thx Tazzie

Tom1
tom1 is offline   Reply With Quote