Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Image & Film Scanners

Old Feb 3, 2012, 4:46 PM   #1

Default Purple images when scanning negatives - Canoscan 9000F

Hello there,

I got a scanner recently to try and scan my negatives and slides, the Canoscan 9000F, but I can't work out how to get the colours right on the final images.

The software I'm using is Scangear. I use the Advanced mode and I when I hit preview I can see all the images with good colours, but then when I hit ccan they all go kind of purple and green, without me having changed any setting. Does anyone know why is this happening? I'm sure it's just a beginners problem.

I've attached three images. The first one is an example of the print preview images I get when scanning a colour negative, then a second one with the print preview of one of the photos zoomed in so that you can appreciate more the colours and then the third image is the actual photo and colours I get when I hit scan.

Thank you so much for your help, I have piled up a few rolls waiting to be scanned and this is quite frustrating.
Attached Images

Sallycinnamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 5, 2012, 10:29 AM   #2

I don't know anything about your scanner, so can't give you any specific advice. It looks as if your scanner is making the correction from a negative to a positive image twice, somehow. Could it be that you have set the scanned image to make this correction after already doing it in the preview settings? Also, if you are not using a transparency adapter, the light from the scanner is partly reflected from the film, and partly from the scanner cover after passing through the film twice. This can cause color distortions as well, though I would expect to see them in the preview, too, so I can't really explain it as that kind of problem.
Maybe someone with knowledge of this scanner, or the Canon software, can help more.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote