Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Image & Film Scanners

Old Sep 27, 2014, 1:38 PM   #1

Default HP 3570C Driver Needed

Is there a third party driver available for Windows 7 (64) for the HP 5370C scanner? HP does not have one. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Last edited by WOBangham; Sep 27, 2014 at 1:50 PM.
WOBangham is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 27, 2014, 1:43 PM   #2

Default HP 3570C Driver Needed

Need a driver for Windows 7 for the HP 3570C scanner. HP does not provide one for Windows 7. Anyone know of a third party driver for this scanner that will work with Windows 7 (64)?
Old Sep 27, 2014, 1:47 PM   #3

Default HP 5370C Driver Needed

Driver needed for Windows 7 (64) for the HP 5370C scanner. HP does not have one. Is there a third party driver available? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 2:08 PM   #4
Administrator

Bill:

You've just posted 4 or 5 threads asking for a driver. One should be enough. ;-)

Look.. Often, users have found that a Vista Driver will work fine in Windows 7. So, try installing this one:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...&product=74771

If it doesn't work, you may need to go with a third party product. I'd try Ed Hamrick's Vuescan, as it includes drivers that work with most scanners, and I see the 3570 in the list of supported scanners (although it doesn't mention the 3570C specifically, the 3570 driver probably works).

http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/hp_scanjet_3570.html

Vuescan is a very popular product for using older scanners with newer Windows versions that manufacturers have never bothered to release newer drivers for.

You'll see download links for the latest Windows version near the bottom of Ed Hamrick's main product page here:

http://www.hamrick.com/
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2014, 2:10 PM   #5

I had the same issue with a Scanport scanner. I was able to get it to work using the 32 bit driver, running it in compatibility mode.
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2014, 3:09 PM   #6
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Bill:

You've just posted 4 or 5 threads asking for a driver. One should be enough. ;-)
I merged several of your threads on this subject into this one, and I'll delete one that has no responses yet. You'll still see "place holders" for the threads, only they will redirect to this one that has all of their content merged into this one thread.

That way, all of the responses will be in one thread.

When you post the same question in multiple threads, that's referred to as "cross posting" (frowned upon by most forums for multiple reasons like not being fair to other threads in a forum since your threads move up to the top, which is concerned to be bad forum etiquette), and usually does more harm than good anyway. I'm not concerned about bumping other threads from the top (as those forums don't get much traffic anyway).

But, there are still downsides to cross posting.

For one thing, members reading a thread may not realize that another thread exists (or in this case, multiple threads) with the exact same questions, and they may not see other responses to it before making a reply.

So, it's best to only start one thread with questions on a subject, and if you need it moved to a more visible forum because it's not getting any responses, let a moderator know via a PM (just send me one and I can do that kind of thing for you).

Again, that way, all of the responses to the same questions will be in one place, versus scattered between multiple threads in multiple forums.

As suggested, try the Vista driver I linked to, as it appears to be for both 32 bit and 64 bit Versions of Vista, and often a Vista driver will work in Win 7.

If you can't get it to work, try Ed Hamrick's Vuescan (as it's the best option for getting a scanner to work in newer Windows versions when the scanner manufacturer has not released any newer drivers).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote