Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Image & Film Scanners

Old Nov 10, 2004, 6:29 AM   #11

Hello KathyN! I have the same problem. I installed my 5400 on my Win2000 machine and it just sits there with the blinking green light. And the scanning software included with it gives error messages or hangs.

Anybody know how I might fix this?
riskyrisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2004, 2:27 PM   #12

My problems were solved, and it was a very simple solution which may not work for you. In Photoshop, I clicked File>Import and the new scanner appeared in the drop down list. When I clicked on it, the scanner window appeared, the light stopped blinking, and I was able to load the slide holder, and it was good to go from there. I'm running XP, so I can't say that your problem will be solved in the same way. Good luck!!
KathyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2004, 5:42 AM   #13

Hi - after many frustrating hours uninstalling and reinstalling software including formatting the HD and reinstalling Windows :?I swopped the USB connection for Firewire and the scanner is now working no problems. No Marks to Minolta who didn't suggest this and full marks to Jessops who supplied the scanner who, while they didn't come up with the answer showed themselves to be interested in the problem and didtheir very best to help:|
barrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2004, 9:48 AM   #14

Congratulations on getting it all to work! You're not the first one on this thread to find Minolta unresponsive.............have fun now; I think you'll love the scanner.

KathyN
Old Jan 19, 2005, 6:32 PM   #15

:-)Thx - scanner now working fine.

Anyone who wants to contact me for full details on how to resolve the problem in initialising you can get my contact details at www.barrada.co.uk

Paul
barrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2005, 6:23 PM   #16

So any resolution on the USB connection? I keep getting an error, check connection message. My only option is USB. I have 6 usb ports on my desk top,2 on my laptop....doesn't seem to be my computer ports....

Erica

ehatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2005, 9:46 PM   #17

I would check that you are connecting directly to the computer rather than via a hub or keyboard or any other place. I hook mine directly into the fromnt of my computer. I believe it says that in the installation instructions, but it's easy to overlook.......Just a thought! :idea:Good luck!

Old Feb 10, 2005, 2:51 AM   #18

Thanks, but that was the one I started on. I have also realized I am missing a manual!!! all I have is the software booklet. I was so excited about this...now I have no choice but to send it back. That is all the retailer has offered...no help, just send it back

Erica

ehatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2005, 8:53 PM   #19

All of you must be aware that USB2 is very unreliable. If you have a firewire, use it !

Now more about both : the chipset on your computer is responsible for this to work and there are compatibility failures due to the chipset on your USB2 hardware on your cam, scanner or else.

On the computer side VIA is the chipset you should always ban and take Nec or TI as the most reliable instead (there are other).
janlef is offline   Reply With Quote