Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Image & Film Scanners

Old Aug 20, 2004, 5:26 PM   #1

:?I just got, and installed, my new Konica Minolta Scan Elite 5400. It seemed to install just fine, but it's been turned on and blinking for 35 minutes so far. It doesn't seem to want to initialize....and the instruction booklet says "never" turn it off while it's blinking.......Help! What should I do?? TIA for any help anyone can offer!

Kathy
KathyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 4, 2004, 4:05 PM   #2

I am looking at buying the Minolta New Diamage 5400. Are you still having problems with the scanner? Would you recommended it ?

Thanks

Jim Allor
jim allor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2004, 4:29 PM   #3

I'm not having any problems at all with it; I just needed to click "import" in Photoshop to set things in motion. The scans are fabulous. I don't have any experience with other scanners, but once I got it going (my mistakes, as usual, were what slowed things down) I can't think of any complaints. It does take longer than I expected, but only when I use Digital ICE, but most of my slides are old Kodachromes so I don't necessarily use it (though I think it still helps). I'd definitely recommend it. Good luck!:?Kathy
Old Oct 5, 2004, 3:18 PM   #4

Thnaks for your response. I am in the process of looking for a new scanner. I am looking at the New Minolta 5400 scanner. I am replacing a Nikon LS 30 which I liked, however , it's not compatible with Windows XP.
I also liked Nikon's toll free tech support.

If you used Minolta's tech support how would you rate their service and support?

Thanks.

Jim
Old Oct 5, 2004, 6:01 PM   #5

I never called Minolta, but I will say that I found their online support lacking. If the FAQ's couldn't help, there didn't seem to be a way to go further; at least, that I could find.

Kathy
Old Oct 5, 2004, 7:19 PM   #6

I think this is the last question. Did you buy your scanner through a retail store or through a mail order company, such as Adorama or B& H photo ?

Thanks again.

Jim
Old Oct 6, 2004, 4:19 PM   #7

I got it from B&H; very quick delivery, absolutely no complaints.

Kathy
Old Oct 6, 2004, 5:35 PM   #8

Thanks !

Jim
Old Nov 7, 2004, 3:28 PM   #9

im having problems with the dimage 5400 - Windows XP reports the connection not right but everything is fine. I formatted the drive reinstalled everything and it seemed to work for a while - now the same error msg is comin up - has anyone encountered the same problem? If you have can you tell me how you solved it - Minolta/Konica have not replied to my help email

thx.:sad:
barrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2004, 8:17 PM   #10

I'm sorry, I really can't help you here.............I've had NO problems,; love the Konica Minolta scanner. Sorry.........

Kathy