Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Image & Film Scanners

Old Apr 27, 2005, 8:30 PM   #1

Those are some 40 year old up to now, my father's, mom and even I. Most are vacation pix of me and familly all around the world, in front of some monument or some event, like parents and gran'pain front of the WTC during construction. It's worthless and all these boxes take a lot of place and we would like to put them somewhere and forget about them or even throw them away if well scaned. As these are not of professionnal use I would like to know some very cheap and easy way to scan them. Is there any flatbed scanner for instance that could produce24 slides in one shot (it should as there is space for that in a letter size) with some quick tricks as laserFARE at 2400dpi (woulkd be enough for old and dustyKodakchrome 64 and plenty of Agfa) with some automatic colorrestoration like needed for Agfas which are now completely pink and lost any other color. I know Canon is always the best at everything and the 9950 seems good and fast but only 12 slides in one pas and a bit expensive for vacation slides. I already have an Umax capable of 24 slides but at 600 dpi andno FARE system.There are also plenty of negatives (maybe even more than slides).

Isn't there any film scanner that can load linear or circular slide holders made for projectors ? This would be great and maybe the only solution as I wouldn't liketo spend time on it.
janlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 27, 2005, 8:43 PM   #2

I think I got the solution.

Project these with a projector in a dark room and take pix with a digicam. I can make these automatic at 1 picture each 5 seconds as the projector can do that either (it's an 30 yearold autofocus Rollei slide projectorbut surprisinglyhas this feature).
janlef is offline   Reply With Quote