Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Image & Film Scanners

Old Oct 31, 2005, 12:09 PM   #1

I'm kind of a novice with scanners as far as knowing what settings to make etc., I just need a good inexpensive one that kind of does everything pretty well. I have an old Canon FB620U that I liked when it actually worked but since I've always had trouble with the drivers I'm ready to try something else and junk it. I also bought a HP PSC 2175 all-in- one a couple of years ago but the software is so slow it takes forever to scan so I'm now just using it as a printer. I want a scanner that is fairly fast but more important, one that I can just put in text, pictures off the internet, maybe a little photo use, push a button and it will copy , email, or transfer to a file. Sometimes I have trouble aligning up pictures when I scan so they are straight so it would be nice to have a scanner that would do that, but maybe not a deal breaker.

I want something easy to operate (minimal operater settings)) , stable drivers, and fairly fast, I would spend up to $150 so do I just pick any scanners from say starting at $80 and they will meet my needs? Size may or may not be an issue but I suppose the smaller the better. I'm looking at the Canon LiDe 60 ($85), Epson 3490 ($100), and Canon 8400F ($130), Any suggestions?
mccoady is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links