Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Image & Film Scanners

Old Jul 24, 2006, 7:45 PM   #1

Hello!

I have been given some old family negatives - i think they are from approx the 1930's - 40's. The measurements of each neg are 9cm x 6 cm.

I've had a look at alot of new scanners but they all have 35mm attachments. I tried scanning these on my brother flatbed and inverting them in photoshop - they come out a bit grainy and crap really!

Could anyone recommend a scanner out there that could scan these old negs that won't cost me a fortune?...and will the quality of the images be better than scanning on just a flatbed?

Thanks in advance -
MichelleBytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 24, 2006, 8:07 PM   #2

Photo flatbeds with lights in the lid are making pretty good negative scans. Unfortunately you get some moiré if you put the negative directly on the glass, so you might want to make some sort of negative holder.

There are some pricey flatbeds anymore. This one is probably a good balance between quality and price for scanning negatives: http://www.pcnation.com/web/details....mp;item=G59359 It has true Digital Ice for removing scratches and dust, which would probably save a lot of editing time with negatives that old.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote