Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Oct 4, 2006, 10:56 AM   #1

I have the stated printer and can't find panorama paper. HP doesn't make it except for wide-format printers. I have tried "banner paper" and it works but it is for paper banners. Not photo quality. The following Red River paper comes in a roll 8.5 x 33ft.

PremierPhoto Premium Photo Gloss 8.5in x 33ft
( 91258533 )

I'm thinking about ordering some and manually feeding the paper to the HP 3210. This isn't discussed in the documentation for the printer. Has anyone tried this or can you recommend a different paper?

Thanks
lbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 7, 2006, 5:42 PM   #2

Hi Don't run the HP3210 Myself but a very good Panoramic Gloss Paper is made by Epson its type is S041145 and the size in imp. 8.3" X 23.4" or 210 X 594mm. packed 10 sheets
Barn Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 7:14 AM   #3

Icouldn't find the S041145 or any panorama paper locally, and couldn't find S041145 online. I bought Epson S041408 online from Provantage.com which is sold by the roll. I hadn't used roll paper in the 3210 before.

I printed my first panorama last night and the printer did fine. The print looks good, but there are the curling problems which would be expected from paper that comes in a roll. I tried "reverse rolling" the paper prior to putting it in the printer but it still has a "memory" effect that makes it want to continue to roll up. This shouldn't be a problem if you plan to frame it or tape it to a flat surface to keep it from curling on the short edges.

An advantage to the roll paper is that you can cut it to length. The maximum my printer will print is a 24-inch panorama, and that's what I did. but you can print shorter panoramas or even 8.5 x 11 if you wish. I'd still rather have the flat stock, but you have to use what you can get.
lbeck is offline   Reply With Quote