Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Jan 11, 2007, 10:13 AM   #1

When I had a HP printer, the needle was fine because of the sponge in the cartridge (to push it through the sponge itself to refill that tank). Now I have a Canon and I don't need a 'needle' anymore.

What I need is a small flexible 'tube' (hose) that will reach down to the bottom of the ink bottle to get all the ink out without tipping the bottle (and spilling the ink) and to make it easier to withdraw the ink from the bottle (needle is too small a diameter to suck the ink fast enough).
Any suggestions on what/where to replace the 'needle' for a syringe??

Actions: ^ Forum |< First < Previous Reply Quote Next > Next New >> Complain
videobruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 28, 2007, 1:05 PM   #2

Hi I use syringes and blunt needles from InkjetGoodies to refill my cartridges (also used their inks and cartridge bodies for about4 years now)

http://www.inkjetgoodies.com/product...oducts_id=1028 75c each
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 1:31 PM   #3

My vet gave me a large diameter horse needle which reaches to the bottom of even my one pint bottles. I got it for HPs so I could get ink to the bottom of the sponge, but it works well for my Canon. If you have a friendly vet you might ask.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 6:22 PM   #4

I switched from syringes to 2 oz squeeze bottles with 1.75" needles that I bought from Howard Electronics via the Internet. Fill a set of bottles with the inks. After filling the cartridges I remove the needles, cap the bottle with a Luer Lock caps and clean the needles. Makes it much easier to fill those Canon cartridges. I don't worry anymore about bumping the ink bottle over when trying to fill a syringe.

Steve W.
on30trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 10:05 PM   #5

Six weeks & 130+ views later and someone finally replied.................

on30trainman; That seems to be the best approach. But, I would like to use the orginal 4 oz bottles that the ink came in in the first place. I would need separate caps with short tubes for each bottle to dispense directly into each cartridge.
videobruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 10:43 PM   #6

The bottles that my ink (Hobbicolors) comes in are too stiff to squeeze easily even if the Luer Lock caps fit the bottles - which they don't. The 10 bottle sets that Howard Electronics sell come with .5" needles, which I thought were too short - I purchased bottles without needles and ordered the longer needles - had to buy 50, but they were relatively cheap. Also bought Luer Lock bottle caps to seal the ink bottles after refilling the cartridges. BTW they also sell a 4 oz bottle. I have been using this refilling method for several months now and have been pleased with the results.

Steve W.
on30trainman is offline   Reply With Quote