Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Apr 12, 2007, 5:20 AM   #1

The resetting of the Epson RX530 waste tank warning is not supported yet by the ssc utility.

Does anyone know of a keypress combination or a reset procedure. I am happily pouring ink into it and doing an enormous amount of printing and wish to be prepared when the eventuality happens.

It has a convenient trapdoor on the back andI havea loverly little bottle ready to collect waste ink. All I need is a method.

I really would appreciate advice, "Chuck it " has already been rejected. Anyway its a good scanner, film & slidestoo.

Terry

Teddy Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 20, 2007, 4:03 AM   #2

any luck with RX530? Me too stuck with InkTank warning.
pullipuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2007, 9:34 AM   #3

I found it myself, tried different combinations (most of the RX** series ) and finally it worked; RX520 will work for RX530 too.

Install SSC ver4.30, and select this printer
"Epson Stylus CX3700/CX3800/DX38X0/CX7800/RX520"
It worked like a piece of cake.
pullipuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2008, 1:51 AM   #4

Hi I returned to this post as I finished up getting a new RX530. The last one failed for what I believed was the waste tank warniing but would not turn on. Repair cost greater than new printer. So as I liked it, what with its scanner ability. I decided to go with it again. Also I now have a full set of spares. Head etc. I have just ordered a pack of 9 cartridges off Ebay for $33aud which is great and gives me the new cartridges to fill.

I would have followed up on this but as the printer would give no response I just packed it up and went back to my old trusty HP720c.

I am the author of InkMon and I know a RX530 has a monitor but I am so pleased with your discovery I will give you a full copy of InkMon5.

Anybody else can get InkMon4 at http://inkmon.org for free

Getting back to The RX530 did you make the change and bring the tube out through the trapdoor at the back and is it successfull?

Terry
Old May 19, 2008, 6:15 AM   #5

I have been filling the cartridges as it is very easy but I noticed that I could buy 9 cartridges on Ebay for just about the same cost as I can by ink. I am in Australia and apparrently the ink is from America.

Everything is cheaper in the US it would appear and now our dollar is approaching parity I should get an even better deal.

I have found a waste tank kit for $8aud I know its just a bottle and tubing but if it fits straight away I will get it.

Even though there is a cure for the Epson waste tank warning on the RX530 I shall be very nervouse applying it.

Then I will do the change. The waste ink. What is inside stays inside. It will dry, turn to powder and the carcengenic effect will probably be the end of me. Or turn me into a rainbow coloured mutant.

Just for interest One reason I got the RX530 even though the Canon has a better rep for printing. Is its ability to scan negatives. The other day I had old 8mm film of family events but no snaps. I scanned a few frames at maximum resolution selected the best and dressed it up in Paintshop Pro. The result as a 6x4 was very good.

What did my wife say? She held up a 3hr spool and said how many photo's can you get fom this.

Terry
Old Oct 12, 2008, 1:20 PM   #6

Hey Terry...

Any chance you could take a picture of the back of your RX530 and post it up for reference.. I'd like to add it to the list of "modifiable" printers.

Cheers

Martin
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2009, 7:36 PM   #7

It has been a while. I came back as I was checking old hits to my site. There is a picture of Epson and instructions on the web. cannot remember the url but if you google it you should find it. I never was contacted by the one who discovered the way to reset the RX530. I am happy with this printer and the output is fantastic.