Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Apr 13, 2007, 10:14 AM   #1

Is there a good source for high quality, reliable third party cartridges; or refill kits; or CIS systems for the Epson 1400 printer? I've read a few reviews including one on the EchoStore CIS & they don't sound too good.

I have used all of the above types of ink from MIS in the past & they do a great job. Unfortunately, they don't yet offer anything for the 1400.

Replies will be much appreciated.

*rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 13, 2007, 1:11 PM   #2

Have you emailed MIS? They seem honest and probably wouldn't advise you to use ink for another printer unless it was appropriate.

You might also try posting here: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1003 They could probably point you to a CIS that worked if anyone could.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2007, 8:09 PM   #3

Thanks for replying Slipe, it's appreciated.

I discussed my needs with MIS Tech Support. Although they will not have a CIS for about six months, they plan to begin offering "Claria" type ink, like the one used in Epson 1400's, in about a month.

I've also learned that Ink Products already offers "Easy Fill" manually refillable cartridges as well as a CIS for the 1400. Since their ink isn't claimed to be like that used in Claria ink printers; I'm left wondering about it's quality & what it might do to the very sophisticated nozzles of a 1400.
*rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2007, 8:36 PM   #4

I would probably wait the month for the MIS ink. I've used their ink for probably ten years and always been happy with it. I've had to wait for new ink formulations in the past and been glad I did.

I doubt a dye based ink not formulated for your printer would do any damage. But by the time you profile for the colors you would probably do just as well to chuck the ink that comes with the CIS if you decide to go with the Easy Fill.

Let us know how it sorts out.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2008, 4:04 PM   #5

ink grabber workes fine in mine and the prices are great.
quinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2008, 9:58 AM   #6

the problem now is they dont carry it due to a Epson law suit.
quinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2008, 4:30 PM   #7

Since Epson is using piezo type printhead, it is possible to use pigmented ink in the R1400 Claria dye-based printer without problems. This should ensure even a better longevity than the original Claria ink.
pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote