Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Jun 29, 2007, 1:25 PM   #1

span.fon_container{ height:15px !important; white-space: nowrap !important; } span.fon_flag{ background: url(chrome://fon/skin/mflag.gif) no-repeat right; height:15px !important; padding:0px 0px 2px 5px !important; cursor: pointer; } span.fon_noflag{ background: url(images/mflag.gif) no-repeat left; height:15px !important; padding:0px 0px 2px 5px !important; cursor: pointer; } span.fon_flag_a{ background-image: url(chrome://fon/skin/mflag_a.gif); } img.fon_flag { margin-bottom:2px !important; vertical-align: middle !important; } span.fon_phone { background: url(chrome://fon/skin/mmid.gif) repeat-x center; height:15px !important; padding:0px 2px 2px 2px !important; cursor: pointer; } span.fon_phone_a { background-image: url(chrome://fon/skin/mmid_a.gif); } span.fon_phone_inner { color: black !important; text-decoration: none !important; font-family: Verdana !important; font-size: 11px !important; font-weight: bold !important; } span.fon_arrow { background: url(chrome://fon/skin/marrow.gif) no-repeat left; display: inline !important; height:15px !important; padding:0px 10px 2px 0px !important; } span.fon_arrow_a { background-image: url(chrome://fon/skin/marrow_a.gif); }
SJTiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 29, 2007, 1:30 PM   #2

Does anyone know if the BCI- type cartridges that the 6000 uses are the same as the CLI- type the 6600D uses? I want to buy a bulk ink system I found on Ebay and can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere.

Any help?:?

BTW, I have no idea why I couldn't edit out all the code you see on my first post, seeing I didn't put it there in the first place.......................... :sad:span.fon_container{ height:15px !important; white-space: nowrap !important; } span.fon_flag{ background: url(chrome://fon/skin/mflag.gif) no-repeat right; height:15px !important; padding:0px 0px 2px 5px !important; cursor: pointer; } span.fon_noflag{ background: url(images/mflag.gif) no-repeat left; height:15px !important; padding:0px 0px 2px 5px !important; cursor: pointer; } span.fon_flag_a{ background-image: url(chrome://fon/skin/mflag_a.gif); } img.fon_flag { margin-bottom:2px !important; vertical-align: middle !important; } span.fon_phone { background: url(chrome://fon/skin/mmid.gif) repeat-x center; height:15px !important; padding:0px 2px 2px 2px !important; cursor: pointer; } span.fon_phone_a { background-image: url(chrome://fon/skin/mmid_a.gif); } span.fon_phone_inner { color: black !important; text-decoration: none !important; font-family: Verdana !important; font-size: 11px !important; font-weight: bold !important; } span.fon_arrow { background: url(chrome://fon/skin/marrow.gif) no-repeat left; display: inline !important; height:15px !important; padding:0px 10px 2px 0px !important; } span.fon_arrow_a { background-image: url(chrome://fon/skin/marrow_a.gif); }
Old Jun 30, 2007, 8:50 AM   #3

Short answer is no, the 6000 uses the BCI-3/6 non-chipped cartridges and the 6600 uses the CLI-8 chipped versions with the newer Chromalife inks.
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2007, 11:52 AM   #4

I guess that leads me to my next question........Have you ever seen any quality bulk ink tank systems out there for a 6600D?

Something along these lines......

I use alot of ink and new cartridges just eat away at the old budget.............:shock:

span.fon_container{ height:15px !important; white-space: nowrap !important; } span.fon_flag{ background: url(chrome://fon/skin/mflag.gif) no-repeat right; height:15px !important; padding:0px 0px 2px 5px !important; cursor: pointer; } span.fon_noflag{ background: url(images/mflag.gif) no-repeat left; height:15px !important; padding:0px 0px 2px 5px !important; cursor: pointer; } span.fon_flag_a{ background-image: url(chrome://fon/skin/mflag_a.gif); } img.fon_flag { margin-bottom:2px !important; vertical-align: middle !important; } span.fon_phone { background: url(chrome://fon/skin/mmid.gif) repeat-x center; height:15px !important; padding:0px 2px 2px 2px !important; cursor: pointer; } span.fon_phone_a { background-image: url(chrome://fon/skin/mmid_a.gif); } span.fon_phone_inner { color: black !important; text-decoration: none !important; font-family: Verdana !important; font-size: 11px !important; font-weight: bold !important; } span.fon_arrow { background: url(chrome://fon/skin/marrow.gif) no-repeat left; display: inline !important; height:15px !important; padding:0px 10px 2px 0px !important; } span.fon_arrow_a { background-image: url(chrome://fon/skin/marrow_a.gif); } span.fon_container{ height:15px !important; white-space: nowrap !important; } span.fon_flag{ background: url(chrome://fon/skin/mflag.gif) no-repeat right; height:15px !important; padding:0px 0px 2px 5px !important; cursor: pointer; } span.fon_noflag{ background: url(images/mflag.gif) no-repeat left; height:15px !important; padding:0px 0px 2px 5px !important; cursor: pointer; } span.fon_flag_a{ background-image: url(chrome://fon/skin/mflag_a.gif); } img.fon_flag { margin-bottom:2px !important; vertical-align: middle !important; } span.fon_phone { background: url(chrome://fon/skin/mmid.gif) repeat-x center; height:15px !important; padding:0px 2px 2px 2px !important; cursor: pointer; } span.fon_phone_a { background-image: url(chrome://fon/skin/mmid_a.gif); } span.fon_phone_inner { color: black !important; text-decoration: none !important; font-family: Verdana !important; font-size: 11px !important; font-weight: bold !important; } span.fon_arrow { background: url(chrome://fon/skin/marrow.gif) no-repeat left; display: inline !important; height:15px !important; padding:0px 10px 2px 0px !important; } span.fon_arrow_a { background-image: url(chrome://fon/skin/marrow_a.gif); }
Old Jul 7, 2007, 11:01 PM   #5

Finding a CIS for the IP6600D is not a problem. Just Google the words Continuous Ink Systems and then just start checking the results. Last night after reading your post, I found 4 different suppliers for a IP6600D CIS system in less than 10 minutes. Finding the system is not the problem however. Installation is. If you look at the picture you uploaded and then take a look at the IP6600D I think you'll catch on right quick.

All CIS systems (at least every one that I've seen) require the top panel print head/ink cart access door to be open. That's to allow the tubing to run from the CIS ink supply to the print head. With most printers, that's not a problem as most have their controls either on top or on the front to the R or L of the access doors of the printer.The IP6600D doesn't do that. The control panel for the printerIS the access door for the print head.You can't run the printer if the access panel is open and if you close it, you can kiss your CIS tubing goodbye.

One of the sites selling CIS systems had a splash ad on their website announcing their brand new CIS system for the IP6600D complete with links to show how to refill the system and a link to show how to install their system in the printer. Only one problem, the printer in the demonstration wasn't a IP6600D. It's an IP4200. I emailed them last night about it, but being the weekend, I don't expect I'll hear back from them till next week if at all.

I just picked up a junk IP660D and I'm going to check the feasibility of making an access hole in the top of the side panel where the tubing can be routed over top of the cardreader panel and under the control/access panel. If I have any luck, I'll post it up here.
laserguy is offline   Reply With Quote