Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Aug 1, 2007, 7:12 AM   #1

Hi I will be using some ink refills and I read that I will loose the low ink warning by doing this and therefore have to monitor the ink levels manually. My qustion is, if I eventually put back a new original canon ink cartridge, will the printer monitor the ink level again?[
aqus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 29, 2007, 7:08 PM   #2

aqus,

Firstable, you do not indicate what model Canon printer you have. Non the less, whenever one disables the ink monitoring capabilities of the printer MP830, to force the pinter to use refilled cartridges, the pirnter records the disabling in the cartridge chip, not in the printer. Therefore, each cartridge is treated separately according to what owner / operator has selected with respect to each individual cartridge. NOTE that Canon warns that disabling ink monitor might damage printer and that it voids there warranty.

Serioulsy speaking, what people in general has to do is stop buying printers with all thesetricksthat forcebuying original cartridges. Let´sforce printer manufacturers to offer printers that in good lead give users the choiceon what kind of ink to buy and use.What has happened to theink jet printing industry is a crying shame, but it does not compares with what will happen to people in the future if we do not do something about this and stop the abuse NOW.
Mickey_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2007, 11:39 AM   #3

Unfortuantely I did not check close enough to make sure the Cannon MP 830 was monitoring the ink cartridge. Now I have a 830 and want to refill ink cartridges as I have done with previous printers, how do you disable the printer ink level monitoring?
garysm99 is offline   Reply With Quote