Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Ink Jet - Inks, Papers, etc.

Old Oct 4, 2004, 9:57 PM   #11

I've been using the Voltex ink tanks for about a year
now and they are not refills.
The color is not bad. I made a lot of 4x6 prints and 95% of
them still have good color.

The only ones that didn't come out too good were the ones
I used with mixed Voltexx and Canon OEM tanks.
I had to tweak the mix and never did get it right.

UPS just delivered a new batch and they expire 03/2006.
Still only $2.25 tank.

No problems with the print head or anything else with the printer.

Rich (aka Sand57)

CRT1180 2 Canon Compatible BCI-6BK (black)
$2.25 $4.50

CRT1181 2 Canon Compatible BCI-6C (cyan)
$2.25 $4.50

CRT1182 2 Canon Compatible BCI-6M (magenta)
$2.25 $4.50

CRT1184 3 Canon Compatible BCI-6PC (photo cyan)
$2.25 $6.75

CRT1185 3 Canon Compatible BCI-6PM (photo magenta)
$2.25 $6.75

CRT1183 2 Canon Compatible BCI-6Y (yellow)
$2.25 $4.50
Thank you for your order!
Subtotal $31.50
Taxes $0.00
Shipping $6.04
Total $37.54
XRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2004, 10:19 PM   #12

I found good prices for CANON inkon EBAY in their office supplies department. That's not my favorite store, but .... we do what we have to do. I just bought a bunch of FUJI glossy photo paper on sale at office max - I have high expectations, wish me luck.

Somebody please help with this: is there anything <inexpensive> I can do to start getting better B & W prints.....they keep coming out with weird hues - brown, blue...they look pretty good, but not on black mats. Thanks guys.
gtfromftworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2004, 7:57 AM   #13

Hi You will probably find you ar printing in colour mode where the black cart doesn't get used, and the CYM is producing the black exactly as a photo print. You can try printing in Greyscale or try to reduce the colour settings. Hope this helps
gravityink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2004, 11:51 AM   #14

Hi, I have used Canon printers for approx FIVE years. DO NOT use anything but Canon ink. It may be a little more but it will NOT screw up your print head. Compatable ink WILL clog. Try atlex.com, they have very goodprices for real Canon ink..Jim
jamey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2005, 4:08 PM   #15

gtfromftworth...

I also bought some Fuji glossy photo paper on sale at OfficeMax. It's the Premium Plus 4x6 sheets. Prints to this paper using my Canon i960 aren't looking too good at all. There's this awful noisy dithering kind of look, especially in the darker and low-light parts of the image. I printed the same print previously on one of the Canon Photo Paper Pro sheets that came with the printer and it looks great.

I was wodering which model printer you have and how the paper worked for you.
sam919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 3:15 PM   #16

You'll find that Fuji, Kodak and HP papers do not work well with Canons.
eddie_kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 3:55 PM   #17

I faced same problems with my Canon PIXMA ip5000. Nothing helped much tyring different options. Atlast, I tried changing software and NIKON CAPTURE made a miracle on Fuji premium photo paper and canon printer. Suddenly it turned out BEST from the WASTE. I wasted about 2 packs of 20 4x6 to test various options. But the same paper and same ink printed amazing using this software. Thanks NIKON.
vdd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2005, 1:34 PM   #18

Just an update.

I've now been using the refillable cartridges and ink sets from InkJetGoodies (or RedRockInnovations as they've now become) for over 2 years. Absolutely no problems whatsoever in 3 Canon printers, anI850, I865 and a new IP4000.

Mostly printing on Epson Premium Glossy or Ilford Gallerie Pearl for prints and printable CDR & DVDR with excellent results. Costs are down to around £1 ($1.82) to refill a set and I'm getting around 20 refills from the 4oz bottles.
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2005, 10:35 AM   #19

Having found it on this site, I buy my paper from freephotopaper.com I hesitated to buy ink cartridges for a year, but now am a total convert. They print well, I have one in the sun here which hasn't faded, and never a blocked nozzle in over 1,000 prints. They also seem to last a bit longer than the canon cartridges too.

Of course, it also helps that even including delivery here to France the price of all I buy is about one third of the european price!
cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 3:35 PM   #20

I haven't used compatible refills myself, but i have read a lot of reviews/comments. The general concensus seems to be that they are ok providing you dont print many copies at once. This is due to the lack of coolant in refills that causes print head blocking. Also, the print head is replaceable if it does clogg. It's all about money!!
pieman is offline   Reply With Quote